Parenting Topics Guaranteed to cause a Cat Fight - Real Talk Moms

Parenting Topics Guaranteed to cause a Cat Fight 23

There are clearly some Parenting topics guaranteed to cause a cat fight out there. After all, we have all seen the arguments that certain parenting topics can cause.

Parenting Topics

There are just some cat fight causing parenting debates that have gotten out of hand. When it comes to social media bringing up such topics can cause an intense session of name calling and profanities. These debates can quickly take a turn for the worse, and become less of a debate and more of a complete social media throw down complete with hot tempers and flaring nostrils behind a computer screen.

Parenting Topics Guaranteed to Cause a Cat Fight

Vaccinations  (or lack thereof)

The great Vaccination argument has turned to be a complete finger pointing, name calling, explosion. This is no longer a battle of wits, in fact, it has just become personal. People are referring to those that don’t vaccinate as “Anti-Vaxers” and those that DO vaccinate as “Pro-Vaxers” and that’s just when they are being nice. I have seen profanities thrown around in these arguments like confetti at a wedding.

Breastfeeding

Over the years the topic of breastfeeding has become quite heated. There are so many aspects of Breastfeeding that can be argued and while most as a whole can at least agree that yes, breast is in fact best, that doesn’t stop the boobie debates. Is it acceptable to Breastfeed in public? Why should women have to cover up something natural? Why should other people have to look at your breasts while you feed your baby? What if I CAN’T breastfeed? Everyone CAN breastfeed. Everyone seems to have an opinion on these things. Why can’t we all just get along? Your body, your baby, not mine! Why is everyone so concerned about what everyone else is doing?

To Co- Sleep or not to Co-Sleep (that is the question.)

If you don’t co-sleep your child is going to be a murderer, if you do co-sleep your child will grow up to be Lester the Molester. You just can’t win! People get rather heated about this topic and I just don’t get it!

Crying it Out

Don’t cry it out or your baby will grow up to lack the love and support of others and probably end up turning tricks on main street. Make sure you sleep train and cry it out or your baby will grow up to be a needy, worthless, mama’s boy that can’t fend for himself in the real world. Both ridiculous notions. This is what people argue though. It’s pathetic.

Have you ever been involved in one of these Parenting Debates? What other Parenting Topics guaranteed to cause a Cat Fight can you think of?

Related Posts

Just because I am a Mom does not mean I am perfect!

2013-08-19 21:07:37

When your Kids Grandparents Suck

2015-05-25 08:12:28
realtalkmoms

Things I lie to my Husband About

2015-05-13 12:33:57
realtalkmoms

Share on Facebook5Tweet about this on TwitterPin on Pinterest0Share on Google+2Share on Reddit0Share on StumbleUpon0Email this to someone

by a Real Talking Mom

23 thoughts on “Parenting Topics Guaranteed to cause a Cat Fight

1. Reply Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle Mar 27,2015 1:43 pm

I think you pretty much covered all the hot buttons. =D I’ve only been in one debate. I thought it was a debate. The other person thought I was attacking her character. I just steer clear, now.

2. Reply Pam Mar 27,2015 2:28 pm

I definitely think we as parents should be less judgmental of other parents. Most of us are just trying our best.

3. Reply Catherine S Mar 27,2015 3:17 pm

I think you covered just about all of them. I try to stay away from conversations like that. Someone else’s parenting style isn’t any of my business.

4. Reply Liz Mays Mar 27,2015 6:08 pm

Millions of parents around the world and every one of them seems to know “the right way” to raise a child. Yeesh. So many conflicting opinions.

5. Reply Dawn Mar 27,2015 6:33 pm

Religion, politics, and parenting – three things you never talk about. It’s so much safer that way.

6. Reply Chrystal @ YUM eating Mar 27,2015 7:43 pm

I try to stay out of this stuff. We are not all going to get along or agree on things. Thats just life. And most times the one screaming the loudest is the one who is not educated on the matter and just spouting their ignorance. It’s just a mess I’d rather not be a part of.

7. Reply Marcie W. Mar 27,2015 9:56 pm

These are definitely controversial topics! I say to each their own. All we can do is our best and that definition varies with every mother.

8. Reply Danielle @ We Have It All Mar 27,2015 11:22 pm

I try to avoid drama at all costs, but sometimes it just gets to you.

9. Reply Crystal Mar 27,2015 11:42 pm

I’ve been pretty fortunate to be around considerate parents who are respectful of differing opinions. I will say that one hot topic has been dealing with picky eaters.

10. Reply Debbie Denny Mar 28,2015 9:51 am

It is so weird that people think they have to determine someones life or parenting skills. Really… if it is not abusive… it is not my business.

11. Reply Stefani Tolson Mar 28,2015 10:46 am

I haven’t had any of these type of fights. We get along about most things.

12. Reply Jeanine Macintosh Mar 28,2015 10:54 am

Circumcision is another huge one too. They all drive me nuts and while I used to always say my side, I now run. I have the mindset who cares, mind your own and do your own thing! Lol

13. Reply Penelope Mar 28,2015 12:48 pm

Oh my gosh, hahaha, it’s true! And I have very strong opinions on each topic. The problem though isn’t that I tell others what to do, but rather I get so attacked and criticized for MY choices. I feel each parent should do what they want!

14. Reply Demetra @SweetSavant Mar 28,2015 4:58 pm

I hate the whole “Mama’s Boy” thing. I picked all of my kids up when they cried and I’m glad I did, I wouldn’t change a thing.
    they’re teens and young adults now and although I made mistake I’m glad I made most of the choices I did.

15. Reply Beth@FrugalFroggie Mar 28,2015 6:06 pm

I have stayed clear of these conversations. I don’t have any strong opinions either way.

16. Reply Dawn McAlexander Mar 28,2015 9:49 pm

I think that parenting and how I raise my daughter has been the hottest topic for me in my family. It has certainly caused more than one cat fight between us.

17. Reply Stacey- Travel Blogger Mar 28,2015 9:52 pm

Politics is always a hot button topic. And more and more women are getting involved with politics, so there will definitely be more cat fights on that subject.

18. Reply Chrysa Mar 28,2015 11:59 pm

I’m happy to stay out of these conversations as a non-parent! It seems like there is just too much parent-on-parent criticism these days!

19. Reply Estelle Mar 29,2015 3:56 am

You have certainly covered the gamut of topics. There is also the boring old mommy wars between stay at home and working outside the home moms.

20. Reply Kiwi Mar 29,2015 3:31 pm

Another reason I dont have kids yet. People will find any reason to debate…the co-sleeping thing is hilarious!! I know people who try to reason over why their children don’t need to be potty trained until 3 years old thats crazy!

21. Reply Donna Mar 29,2015 6:55 pm

Yep, these are all hot buttons for parents (thankfully I’ve never had a debate or argument with other parents), but I try really hard not to judge other parents for the decisions they make for their own kids/families. I do what I think is best for my son and the best I know how to do and hope I don’t mess him up too much… I sure don’t want others judging me.

22. Reply melisasource Mar 29,2015 9:02 pm

I totally agree. The usual politics topic is always a really hot button.

23. Reply Christie Mar 30,2015 12:08 am

Oh yes yes yes to all of these. There’s so many different topics to consider. How about food allergies and organic discussions?